Waste Management Supervisor
- Employer: Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Ltd
- Salary: Starting salary £27,000 p.a.
- Location: Broxbourne Business Centre, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross
- Contract: Permanent
- Working pattern: Flexible Hours/Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- DBS check: No
- Closing date: 15/12/2019 at 23:55 PM
- Reference: BEST/B147
Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s domestic refuse and recycling collections, commercial waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance and cemetery services, plus a range of other activities.
Waste Management Supervisor
Starting salary £27,000 p.a. (Ref: B147)
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hardworking Supervisor to join the Waste Management team, to assist in the delivery and development of the waste management and recycling services.
The successful applicant will join the in-post supervisor to oversee the frontline services operatives on a day to day basis, assist with monitoring duties and champion the use of in-cab technology as well as providing on the job training in line with the company’s policies.
Applicants should have previous supervisory experience preferably in this field of work, (an LGV Class 2 driving license would also be a distinct advantage) and be able to use Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel. Applicants must be effective communicators, be prepared to work outside in all weathers, enjoy working as part of a team and take pride in their work and meeting targets.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate key principles of customer care and be prepared to work flexibly, including weekends and bank holidays.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information and advice in fluently spoken English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
- Nest Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
- Smart uniform
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight Sunday 15 December 2019 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.